Tuesday 20 September 2011

Help make this a group effort

I am pleased to see the pageviews counter pass 200. On the other hand, I wish there were more comments. Since it is not my intention to simply record my journey through grief, can I encourage you to make this more of a dialog?

I believe there is great value in sharing pain, because through that we can also share joy. I’m not saying that sometimes we can share our pain and that in other, happier, times we can share our joy. Rather, the sharing of pain can itself enable a deeper kind of joy. The joy of releasing rather than suppressing. The relief at finding others who understand. The joy of giving and receiving comfort.

You don’t need to sign up and comments can be completely anonymous.

Please also feel free to contact me via email if you’d like some off-the-record conversation.

— Nat

2 comments:

  1. You're quite a poetic writer, it's a little unusual for a guy :)

    My situation was different, after 10 years with a narcissist I couldn't take any more and left her, I've moved from crushing guilt to anger and resentment over to some kind of peace (and a new partner and family).

    Still going through elements of the courts relating to our son. My regret is my guilt, I wish I'd gotten over it sooner - by the time the CSA and family court is finished with you I regret giving an inch on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the compliment. If I put all my poetic images in a book it would be a very slim volume!

    That guilt-anger-resentment cycle goes round and round many times for me. Rather than expect those feelings to evaporate, I find some relief when they form a least a spiral rather than a cirlce. What I mean is that when the feelings come round again, its good when I have learnt something or somehow changed on the way around. It's the pits when you feel that you're just back exactly where you were before.

    I find it hard to imagine the pain you and many other dads suffer over access to children. Thank God that my ex and I are not fighting that battle.

    --Nat.

    ReplyDelete